The A5 also comes in both the S5 and RS5 models. S5 has a 220 horsepower 3.0 liter supercharged V6 engine whereas the RS5 is a little more powerful with a 240 horsepower 4.2 liter V8 engine. If you were looking for a vehicle with that extra bit of speed and performance, then the RS5 would be the way to go. There is also a Cabriolet version available with these models.
What’s new with the 2105 Audi A5?
The 2015 models of the A5 and S5 have a number of small changes throughout the body. New wheels and new colors have been added with a new bunch of option packages. The Premium Plus models now have the S line exterior upgrade. A Sport Plus package has also been introduced.
Luxury and Performance
The two door A5 has a very elegant and sophisticated look to it. The cabin has a soothing feel to it with a great quality of finish. The vehicle is ideal for a couple and their luggage, though two more passengers can be adjusted in the rear. Extensive safety and luxury features are an integral part of the car.
As far as performance goes the models go from efficiently zippy to tire burning fast, depending on the make. The A5 is the most conservative of the lot with the RS5 being the power monster. The Quattro all-wheel drive and ultra sensitive steering make the A5 models a delight to drive. The transmission options also vary with the different models but top-notch performance can be expected from each of these vehicles.
Competition for the A5
The A5 is definitely one of the best cars in its segment. The A5, S5 and RS5 models are all distinct form each other and you can pick the one which best suits your needs. For its style, comfort and performance we will give this car a 4.7/5.
- Great luxury and performance
- Sophisticated interiors and a sturdy exterior.
- Looks very modern and stylish
- Available in the convertible version also
- You get your own choice of gearbox
- Rear seat and trunk isn’t very spacious
- Audi’s CVT system can do with some improvement
The A5 is a really great vehicle that combines power and class. Its RS5 model is the one that will really set your heart racing. The number of options available with each model gives you a lot of freedom in choosing the car that is exactly suited for your taste. Overall, it is definitely a car to die for.
Latest Audi A5 News
- UK Audi Dealers Facing Criticism Over Crash Rating Claims
- India’s Audi Sportscar Experience More Accessible in 2013
- Audi Enlists RS 5 Nameplate for 2013 DTM Car
- Audi Takes Point Lead in DTM Manufacturer Standings After Valencia
- Mortara Collects First Audi A5 Win in DTM